Springfield Public School District 186 offers attendance center transfers to students who meet pre-determined criteria as set forth in District 186 Board Policies. This policy is strictly adhered to during decision-making.
- Transfer requests should be received on or before June 1, 2018 in the office of the Director of School Support Services at 1900 West Monroe, Springfield, IL 62704.
- After this date, only students new to District 186 may submit a transfer request for the following year. Late transfer requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will be considered only if space is available.
- Transfers are processed throughout the summer. Notifications will be complete by the first two weeks in August after the registration process is complete.
Transfers decisions are dependent on class size limits and the pre-determined reasons for transfer in District 186 Board Policy.
Length of Transfer:
- If a transfer is granted it shall be for the entire school year for the purpose of continuity in student learning.
- The transfer will be continued into the next school year unless the student moves from elementary school to middle school or from middle school to high school.
Revocation of Transfer:
- A school may revoke the transfer during a school year or at the end of the school year based on continued poor attendance and/or continued behavior problems.
- The transfer revocation shall only take place after consultation with the parent or guardian and after interventions & supports are implemented.
- The school will submit the revocation warning letter and final revocation letter to the Director of School Support Office prior to the revocation being finalized.
Additional information on the types of transfers and the transfer process can be found in the “Transfer Rules and Regulations” and “Transfer Policy” documents below.