Online Registration is Coming for 2018-19!
Online registration is coming for 2018-19 and opens on July 16, 2018. It opens May 1 for Graham Elementary, Southern View Elementary, Iles School and Lincoln Magnet School.
- No more lengthy paper forms
- Register your student(s) from any device
- Register multiple students from one location
For Current Students and Families
What do I need to do now to be ready to register for the 2018-19 school year?
- If you do not already have an online parent account with access to your child’s information, you need to request your online parent account first. To do this, ask your school’s secretary for your parent access letter. You will have to provide identification and pick this letter up at the school. It has your unique and secure username and password and information on how to set up your account.
- If you already have an online parent account, you do not need to do anything until the registration window opens. You cannot register your student(s) for 2018-19 until the registration window opens on July 16.
- Having an online parent account will make online registration a fast and easy process once the registration window opens.
What do I need to do once the registration window opens?
- Beginning on July 16, 2018, you can log in with your existing online parent account to register your student from home. A link will be on the District's and each school’s website. You will just have to confirm and/or update your child(ren)’s information and follow the prompts to finish the registration process. You can do this from a device at home with internet access.
- You can do this from a device anywhere with internet access; i.e., computer, tablet, smartphone, etc. If you do not have a device at home to register prior to registration day, you can still come to the school and register on registration day.
- If you did not set up your online parent account prior to the registration window opening, you can use an e-mail address to register your student(s). However, your current student’s information will not automatically populate in the form.
For New and Current Students: Registration Dates
Each school will still hold the traditional registration day for new students and families and all those who wish to come to the school to register their students. It is recommended that students and families new to the District attend registration day at their school.
August 6, 2018, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
– All elementary school students must register.
– The first day of school for Graham, 525-3220 and Southern View, 585-5837 is Wednesday, July 18, 2018. If you live within the boundaries of one of our balanced calendar schools (year round schools), please contact the school's main office.
Middle School / High School
August 6, 2018, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and August 7, 2018, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
– All middle and high school students must register/update information each year.
– All Douglas School and Douglas Prep students must register.
Required Information and Documents
– Certified birth certificate
- Applies only to students who are new to District 186 or students who don’t have a certified birth certificate on file.
- Must provide a physical, certified copy to school. This cannot be scanned and uploaded through the online registration process.
–Photo Identification of Parent or Guardian
- A driver's license, state ID or other acceptable form of photo identification
- Required for students new to the District or those requesting a parent account for the first time
- Can be uploaded through the online registration process
– High School Transcripts
- High school students transferring from another district are asked to bring a copy of previous school's transcripts.
-Proof of Residency
- Required for new students and all students in grades K-5, 6th grade, 9th grade and any student who has moved or changed their address or changed schools.
- Documents can be uploaded through the online registration process, or you can provide physical copies of the documents to the school.
- Three documents from two categories (one from category I and two from category II) are required as evidence of proof of residency.
|Category I (one from this category)||Category II (two from this category)|
|Mortgage Papers||Utility bill (gas, electric or water)|
|Signed lease/rental agreement or record of recent payment||Cable, satellite, internet, phone or cell phone bill|
|Property tax bill||Voter registration card|
|End of year interest statement from mortgage lender/bank||Vehicle/auto registration|
|Public aid card|
|Credit card bill|
- Physical copies of these documents must be provided to the school.
- These documents cannot be scanned/uploaded through the online registration process.
|-||Physicals||Immunizations||Other health exams|
|Pre-K||Recent physical exam including Lead, Diabetes and TB screen; Health History. Due first day of school.||Updated immunization record including DTap, Polio, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, HIB and pneumococcal at approved intervals. Due first day of school.|
|Kindergarten||Recent physical exam including Lead, Diabetes and TB screen; Health History. Due first day of school.||Updated immunization record including DTap, Polio, MMR and Varicella at approved intervals. Due first day of school.||Dental exam requested by May 15. Vision exam is requested.|
|2nd grade||Dental exam requested by May 15|
|6th grade||Recent physical exam including TB and Diabetes screen; Health History. Due by first day of school.||Updated immunization record including Tdap, Meningococcal (after age 11) and Hepatitis B series at approved intervals. Due by first day of school.||Dental exam completed by May 15 is requested.|
|9th grade||Recent physical exam including TB and Diabetes screen; Health History. Due by first day of school.||Updated immunization record. Due by first day of school.|
|12th grade||Proof of Meningococcal Vaccine on or after 16th birthday|
|New to District 186||Proof of Illinois physical exam including TB and Diabetes screen; Health History. Due within 10 days of registration.||Up-to-date immunization record – vaccines dependent on age. Due within 10 days of registration.|
|Out of State||Recent Illinois physical exam form including TB and Diabetes screen; Health History. Due within 30 days of registration.||Up-To-Date immunization record – vaccines dependent on age. Due within 30 days of registration.||Vision exam is requested.|