Family & Community Engagement Definition:
"Springfield Public School District defines Family and Community Engagement as school, family & community partnerships built on trust and meaningful communication that creates strong academic support systems for all students."
District 186 Shared F.A.C.E. Beliefs
In order to support all students' achievement, we believe:
* All Parents Have Dreams for Their Children and Want the Best for Them
* All Parents Have the Capacity to Support Their Children’s Learning
* Parents and School Staff Should Be Equal Partners
* The Responsibility for Building Partnerships Between School and Home Rests Primarily with School Staff, Especially School Leaders
* 'Beyond the Bake Sale' by Anne T. Henderson, Karen L. Mapp, Vivian R. Johnson, and Don Davies
1. a father or a mother.
2. an ancestor, precursor, or progenitor.
3. a source, origin, or cause.
4. a protector or guardian.
1900 W. Monroe
District 186 is responsible for sustaining and increasing Family & Community Engagement within the district and community.
What might a family & community friendly school look like?
For schools and districts across the U.S., family engagement is rapidly shifting from a low-priority recommendation to an integral part of education reform efforts. Read more about the importance of jointly building home-school partnerships.