Family & Community Engagement Definition:
"Springfield Public School District defines Family and Community Engagement as school, family & community partnerships built on trust and meaningful communication that creates strong academic support systems for all students."
1. a father or a mother.
2. an ancestor, precursor, or progenitor.
3. a source, origin, or cause.
4. a protector or guardian.
Share it! December 2017
District 186 Shared F.A.C.E. Beliefs
In order to support all students' achievement, we believe:
* All Parents Have Dreams for Their Children and Want the Best for Them
* All Parents Have the Capacity to Support Their Children’s Learning
* Parents and School Staff Should Be Equal Partners
* The Responsibility for Building Partnerships Between School and Home Rests Primarily with School Staff, Especially School Leaders
* 'Beyond the Bake Sale' by Anne T. Henderson, Karen L. Mapp, Vivian R. Johnson, and Don Davies
1900 W. Monroe
District 186 is responsible for sustaining and increasing Family & Community Engagement within the district and community.
What might a family & community friendly school look like?
For schools and districts across the U.S., family engagement is rapidly shifting from a low-priority recommendation to an integral part of education reform efforts. Read more about the importance of jointly building home-school partnerships.