The goal of our learning today is that participants will learn something new, maybe make a new friend, and receive information that you can immediately apply in your home, classroom and professional life! We will learn about Socio Emotional Skills and District 186 Goals from Jill Grove, Coord. of Culture and Learning.
Part of today will be participating in two breakout sessions on Parent Access and Welcoming Schools. This experience, by design, is a modified “un-conference” opportunity for ‘Leaders, everyone in the room, to come together and learn from each other.
This type of experience levels the playing field, putting all of us in face-to-face discussion about topics that touch education/students.
In the breakout sessions we have:
- a short amount of time on one topic
- Everyone in the session brings an important and unique perspective
- Each person can share strategies and ideas about the topic
- Ask questions and share a practice/program/… you have experienced.
- Suggest resources, strategies or solutions.
- Learn from one another.
- The focus of this session is on conversations rather than presentations.
Thank you to all who participated!