To help your child prepare for test day you can use the following tips:
- Schools will send days your child will be testing - You can also check with your child's teacher or school for test dates
- Make sure your child is prepared - Check with teacher to see if there is any thing your child needs for the tests
- Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep and eats a healthy breakfast
- If your child has test anxiety help her/him practice some relaxation techniques she/he can try once the she/he is taking the test
- Remain positive - You staying calm will help your child stay calm.
Some other resources: Helping Your Child...USDeptEd
Parent Tips - A bilingual site for educators and families of English language learners