School Physicals and Immunizations: Upon Entry
All physical and immunization information required by law must be received in the school office of your child's school by the first day of school. For children currently in Pre-K, 5th, 8th or 11th grade, your child's physical and updated immunization record may be turned in to your child's current school. Information obtained over the summer can be turned in at registration in August. For questions regarding the school health requirements, please call your child's school nurse or the Health Services Coordinator at 525-3060.
HEALTH EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
ALL children must receive a physical exam before:
•entering Illinois schools for the first time
•entering grade 6
•entering grade 9
There are dental exam requirements for K, 2nd, and 6th grades, and an eye examination requirement for students entering Illinois schools for the first time at any grade level and for all children entering kindergarten.
- All children in PreK - grade 12 must provide proof of immunization against polio, diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (DTP/DTap/Td/Tdap), varicella and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR).
- All students entering K-3 and, 6th-12th grade must show proof of having received 2 doses of varicella vaccine
- All 6th grade students must show proof of having received one dose of meningococcal vaccine and 12th grade students must show proof of having received two doses of meningococcal vaccine. If the first dose was on or after the 16th birthday, only one dose is needed.
- All children in PreK and grades 6 - 12 must provide proof of immunization against Hepatitis B according to approved vaccine schedule.
- All children in PreK also must provide proof of at least one dose of pneumococcal vaccine and immunization against Hib.
Specific information and immunization requirements are listed under Health Forms, where you or your child’s physician/dentist/optometrist will be able to view and print all school health requirements, physical exam forms, dental & eye forms, plus exam waivers, all in English & Spanish.