Benefits and Responsibilities
* Must have a minimum of 1 year teaching experience in District #186
* Must have at least three years of teaching experience
* Must have the endorsement of their building principal in the following areas: Planning and Preparation, Classroom Environment, Instruction, and Professional Responsibilities
Host Benefits and Opportunities:
1. Share your practice with a student preparing to become a teacher
2. Renew and re-energize your own teaching through reflective practice
3. Build your capacity for leadership
4. Be recognized for your valuable knowledge and expertise
5. Work toward renewing your Standard Certificate
1. Possibly attend one day of professional development designed to support you in this important work in teacher leadership (tentatively: August or January)
2. Meet the requirements specified by each university program
3. Complete an end-of-semester evaluation of your experience (online)
Locally we assist five major colleges/universities with their placement needs. Click here to find information about each program. Please use this information to make an informed decision about your interest in hosting a pre-service student. You must be logged in to complete the Application of Interest.
Once you have submitted the online application, your principal will be contacted automatically to complete a recommendation form to accompany your file. Applications will be filed for one year and placements will be made as universities request hosts.
Thank you for your time and consideration.