School Supply List
11:00-11:45- 5th grade, 2nd grade
11:45-12:30- 4th grade, 3rd grade, 1st grade
Students at Dubois are provided a breakfast and lunch at no cost to them. Students will need to put in their pin number each time they "purchase" a lunch so that we can keep track of the number of meals we are serving. Additionally milk will be available for those students who bring their lunch.
1. Upon entering the cafeteria students should walk slowly to one of the two available lines along the walls of the cafeteria.
2. When they have chosen their food and put in their lunch number, students need find a place to sit and eat.
3. Always use your quiet inside voice and your best table manners.
4. Keep you feet and hands to yourself.
5. Stay seated until you are finished.
6. Be certain that your table and floor areas are clean.
7. Raise your hand if you need help.
8. When you are finished eating, please clean up your mess, take your tray to the trash can and wait until you are dismissed to the playground.
Students who must remain inside the school due to illness or some other reason should stay in and report to the office or Mrs. Jefferson. Students should bring something to work on or read quietly and should remain seated. Any student needing to stay in should bring a note from his/her parent. Any student needing to stay in for more than three days should secure a note from his/her
physician. It is the philosophy of the school that children need outside recess periods for active playing and socializing.
If the weather does not permit outside activities during the lunch period, students will return to their classroom for socializing and quiet activities. Adult supervisors will help the students engage in games and activities that have been approved and provided by the classroom teacher. Only teacher suggested and/or recommended activities may be used for inside recesses.
The school day begins at 8:25 AM with regular dismissal beginning at 2:55 PM. Children should not arrive at school before 8:10 AM. We want to accept full responsibility for your child when he/she arrives at school, but we do not have staff members assigned to supervise students until 8:10 AM unless your child is enrolled in the SCOPE Program for children of working parents. Students should report to the blacktop at the back of the building and stand on their class line until they are dismissed to enter the building.
Children walking home or being picked up by parents will be dismissed at 2:55 p.m. and should exit the school through the front entrance door. Brothers and sisters should meet siblings outside the building to the North by the picnic table rather than meeting them inside the school building.
Children riding a school bus will be dismissed from the back doors of the school at 3:00 PM. The buses will always unload and load on the east side of the parking lot in back of the school. Cars should not attempt to pass any school bus while it is parked to prevent injury to any student.
Students going to after school activities or SCOPE should go directly to the area assigned. All belongings going home for the evening should be taken to the area because the classrooms will be locked as the teachers leave.
Picking up Students at the End of the Day
Due to the increased volume of traffic and the ever present need for student safety, it is much safer and quicker if you park your car in a designated parking space along one of the side streets and walk to retrieve your child.
If that is not an option, please use the designated pick up and drop off areas posted on Lincoln Street. Do not leave your car to retrieve your child, as we will bring the child to you. For the safety of our students please pick up your child on the side of the street closet to the school. Thank you for your patience and support!
The maintenance of orderly conduct and an atmosphere conducive for learning are necessary in every school and classroom so maximum learning may occur. Two of the most important responsibilities students have in school are good behavior and good manners. The home and school must work together in teaching children to become self-disciplined, well mannered, and productive citizens. Children at Dubois School need to practice the following general rules to ensure their safety and good citizenship at all times.
1. We will use peaceful methods to solve problems. 2. We will be kind to one another and treat others as we expect to be treated. 3. We will walk in the building and use quiet voices when we are inside. 4. We will be courteous to adults in our building - teachers, workers, volunteers, staff and visitors. 5. We will not use bad words, call others names that may hurt them or use any physical objects or methods to hurt them. 6. We will use good manners at all times. 7. If we have a problem with other students, we will seek the help and advice of our teacher, the principal, or a supervisor.