Tips for Parents: Games
Games are a great way to spend time with your children and a great way to help them learn. They teach all different kinds of skills.
Why are games an important way to learn?
1. Games make LEARNING fun!
2. Board and card games help children to match pictures and words. This is an important READING SKILL.
3. Board games teach VISUAL SKILLS. They can help your child recognize symbols, signs, letters, understand maps, and so on. Even simple games, such as Snakes and Ladders, can help children with numbers.
4. Games, such as Scrabble, encourage your children to read.
5. Games help teach your children important SOCIAL SKILLS.
6. Games are easy to make. You can design some specially for your children. You can make and play games in any language.
Dubois Elementary School
(217) 525-3204 ext.127