Office and School Hours
The Early Learning Center office is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00-4:00 p.m. The ELC half day classes are in attendance for the morning session: 8:45 am - 11:15 am, the afternoon session: 12:45 pm - 3:30 pm (except every Wednesday, students attend school from 12:45 pm - 2:30 pm) and the full day session: 8:45 am - 3:00 pm (except every Wednesday, students dismiss at 2:30 pm).
If your child is going to be absent from school, please call 525-3163. Please leave a message (before 8:00 am or after 4:00 pm) with your child's name, the name of you child's teacher, and the reason for your child's absence.
Early Learning Center Transportation Guidelines for Car Riders
Drop Off Procedures
1. Parents/guardians driving children to school are asked to use the North and South parking lots. Please do not park in the bus lane, handicapped spaces, or faculty spaces.
2. Please use caution to make sure that no children are around when entering a parking space, backing out of a parking space, and/or when driving in the parking lot.
3. For safety reasons, walk your child to the front entrance of the school building. Escort your child to their classroom assigned gathering place in the hallway. Be sure the teacher is aware that you have dropped off your child before you leave.
4. Late-arriving parents and their children must obtain a tardy pass from the office prior to escorting their child to class.
1. Parents/guardians are asked to pick up their child from the classroom before class transitions to buses.
2. Parents that arrive after children have left the classroom are asked to wait outside the gym doors (EC Students) or in the main entrance breezeway (ES Students).
Help Us Keep Our Kids Safe
With 700 students and families at the ELC, we need your help in keeping all children safe. Only those persons listed on the emergency card will be allowed to pick up your child. This is an absolute. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CHILD"S EMERGENCY CARD REGULARLY. Also please bring your ID with you when you are picking up your child, and be prepared to show it. Frequently, we have substitute teachers or office staff helping out in the main office who may not know you. Please be understanding if a staff person asks to see your ID. We need your CONSTANT HELP in keeping all children safe at the ELC. Your child's safety is my first priority as a principal. Please do your part to support these procedures.
Mrs. Charlena Jackson, Principal