Good Morning! Today is Wednesday, March 28th. It's a B day!
Weather: High of 59 degrees today and mostly cloudy!
LUNCH: Chicken Patty or Philly Steak
Students who are tardy to class this week will not be attending the assemblies today or tomorrow. So get to class on time!
5 Star General Expectations:
Be A Respectful. What does that mean? Today and tomorrow we have an assembly. This is your chance to show your 5 Star General Pride and be respectful of those around you and our guests in the building.
No Track practice today!
PBIS Baskets this week for Baugher Bucks, Purple positives etc - put them in the box by the tardy table.
Attention 6th graders!!! Camp Cilca "Congratulations You Made it” Letters were distributed in your advisory classes by Monday. Attached you will find the necessary permission slips/forms to be filled out and turned in. A Camp Parent Meeting will take place tonight from 6-7 in Cafeteria. Please tell parents to plan to attend. They can turn in forms and pay at this meeting. All Forms and fees, $85.00, are due Thursday, March 29th. Before SPRING BREAK!!! We can’t wait to take you on this exciting outdoor trip May 2-4th!!
T-shirt contest March 19th-March 29th for the students. Design your own shirt and submit it to Ms Piphus or your advisory teacher. Students will vote on the top three designs during lunch once the contest is over. The winning design will receive a prize.
There are still 10 spots left on the 8th grade field trip. Sign up today so you don't lose your spot. Questions see Miss Gibbs in room 200.
Attention 8th grade students: Your t-shirt designs are due today!!!!
There is a mandatory meeting for parents/guardians and student/athletes interested in trying out for the 2018-19 GMS Cheer Squad on today at 6 pm , must be present in order to tryout for the squad. This meeting will cover the expectations and financials for the squad.
Springfield High Pom Squad meeting at Springfield High on Aprll 23rd at 5:30.
Art Club is canceled this week.
Students can wear jeans/sweatpants any day this week for $1 PER DAY. Students must be in dress code from the waist up. Jeans/Sweatpants must still follow district guidelines. No rips, holes, tears, “look - alike” tears, and no sagging. All proceeds will go towards School Wide AVID program.
- Attention walkers & car riders: Students should not be crossing Monroe Street anywhere other than at the crosswalks. Those are located at the ends of the block - both Stange and Bruns Lane. It is unsafe and ill advised to cross anywhere else.
- The painters are painting the hallways so please do not touch them. :)
- Remember to be respectful of our neighbors walking to and from school. It doesn't matter if they are a business or someone's personal property. You should be respectful and stay in public space rather than private property.
- Anything that is brought into the classroom that is a disruption to learning can and will be confiscated by the teacher - this includes slime, putty, fidget spinners etc.
- Items bought in the cafeteria are not allowed to leave the cafeteria. So please buy only what you can eat in the cafeteria. Outside Drinks are not allowed in school during the school day.
- Remember that once you enter the building, your cell phone and headphones/earbuds must be turned off and put away.
- Check In/Check Out kids: Pick up your sheets in the cafeteria during breakfast!