Good Morning! Today is Tuesday, April 24th. It's an A day!
Weather: High of 63 degrees today and mostly cloudy
LUNCH: Cheese Ravioli with meat sauce or Chicken Nuggets! Both with garlic bread.
5 Star General Expectations:
Be Safe. What does that mean? Keep your hands and feet to yourself, walk down the hallway being aware of what is happening around you and make safe choices.
Track meet today and students will be dismissed from class early.
This is the last week for learning lab. For those of you seeking assistance in the month of May will need to arrange that with your teachers directly.
Dress Code: Let's talk about headbands .... you cannot wear the bandana like headbands. Even if you roll them and tuck the ends under you cannot wear them.
Don’t forget to bring in change for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Help us raise money for kids with cancer. If we raise $750 as a school, advisory with the most money raised gets an Olive Garden lunch. This is from April 9th- April 27th. We also will have jeans/joggers/sweatpants day each Friday of April for $1. If you want to add a blue shirt with that it will be an extra dollar for a total of $2.
Scholastic Bowl: Regionals are Wednesday so please go to Mrs. Romer's room directly after school on Wednesday.
We also need pennies for the Lincoln Document to come home to Illinois! The Pride of the Generals club will be collecting them in the lobby. The grade level with the most will have an extra recess. (7th graders are in the lead right now) Anyone who donates will have a chance to win one of six chocolate pennies given away.
SHS is having a basketball camp the first two weeks of June for those of you that are interested. It is open to both boys and girls with instruction provided by the SHS Basketball Staff. Information can be found outside the principal's office.
Starting this week through the end of the school year the PBIS team will be raffling off posters to students. The raffle will work the same way as the PBIS quarter baskets. Each week we will put 2 posters in the glass window behind the tardy table. Each poster will have a box in front of it for the students to turn in purple positives, Baugher Buck, and/or Hallway good notes for a chance to win the poster. Students can turn in as many as they want to each box, to increase their odds of winning. The winner will be announced on Friday before the end of the day. Also, on Friday the entries in the boxes will be dumped so we can start over the following Monday with new posters. This weeks posters are DANGER Zombies poster Paw Wars.
Get your yearbooks before they are gone! Those that preorder their yearbooks will get theirs first. We only have 35 hardcover for $25 each and 85 softcover for $20 each left!
- Attention walkers & car riders: Students should not be crossing Monroe Street anywhere other than at the crosswalks. Those are located at the ends of the block - both Stange and Bruns Lane. It is unsafe and ill advised to cross anywhere else.
- The painters are painting the hallways so please do not touch them. :)
- Remember to be respectful of our neighbors walking to and from school. It doesn't matter if they are a business or someone's personal property. You should be respectful and stay in public space rather than private property.
- Anything that is brought into the classroom that is a disruption to learning can and will be confiscated by the teacher - this includes slime, putty, fidget spinners etc.
- Items bought in the cafeteria are not allowed to leave the cafeteria. So please buy only what you can eat in the cafeteria. Outside Drinks are not allowed in school during the school day.
- Remember that once you enter the building, your cell phone and headphones/earbuds must be turned off and put away.
- Check In/Check Out kids: Pick up your sheets in the cafeteria during breakfast!