Take this quiz to find out what kind of student you are. Answer each question with Almost Always, Sometimes or Hardly Ever.
1. I complete homework assignments.
2. I have everything I need with me when I go to class [books, pencils, paper, etc.].
3. I use the time teachers give us in class to start on my homework.
4. I take good notes.
5. I ask and answer questions in class.
6. I know how to memorize information.
7. After reading an assignment in a textbook, I know what I've read.
8. I get along well with my teachers.
9. I am good at taking tests.
10. I am happy with my grades.
Give yourself 2 points for each Almost Always, 1 point for each Sometimes and 0 for each Hardly Ever response.
What Your Score Means
20-16 points: You are a good student.
15-11 points: You are a student who could be getting better grades.
10-6 points: Your grades probably aren't very good.
5-0 points: Your grades need serious improvement. Don't give up!
[Adapted from How To Get Good Grades In Ten Easy Steps from Woodburn Press}