Attention District 186 Families
Early Dismissal Wednesdays
• All District 186 students will be dismissed one hour early every Wednesday during the 2014-2015 School Year.
Benefits of The Early Dismissal Wednesdays
• Beginning next school year (2014-2015) there is going to be an increase of 4 additional days of instruction for students by not dismissing for full-day teacher workshop days as in the past.
• There will be more 5 day weeks throughout the year.
• Teachers will utilize this one hour a week to analyze student
work and progress, plan for instruction with other teachers, and receive important updates, training and learning about teaching and student needs.
To Support Families:
Additional After School Options for Children will be available!
• Buses will run their regular routes an hour early on Wednesdays.
• S.C.O.P.E. will be available for families during this time for families who attend the program regularly or for families that just need one hour or longer on these Early Dismissal Wednesdays. Information about fees and how to sign-up will be available at Registration in August and throughout the school year.
• 21st Century after school programs that are provided by the Springfield Urban League and The Boys and Girls Club will be open during this hour during the time frame that the programs are offered.
• The middle schools and high schools will provide study tables for those students that are participating in after school activities as they wait for the faculty sponsors to become available.
Additional details will be provided for our families at Registration on August 4th for all schools and August 4th and 5th for middle and high school.