Why do you take the ISAT? These tests measure how well students are meeting the Illinois Learning Standards in Reading, Math, Science, and Writing.
We will be taking the ISATs from March 3rd through March 13th. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will take Reading and Math tests. 7th grade students will also take Science tests. 6th and 8th grade students also take Writing tests.
There are three Reading sessions, three Math sessions, two Science sessions, and two Writing sessions.
You can be better prepared for the ISATs by doing the following things.
1) Talk about the tests with your family.
2) Do the practice tests at home.
3) Make sure you attend school every day.
4) Make sure you get adequate rest.
5) Make sure you eat a healthy breakfast at home or at school.
6) Try your hardest — do your best!