Dear Parents & Students,
We are experiencing a problem with the number of students who are in the hallways during class time. Additionally, the behavior of many students while in the hallways has been disruptive and disrespectful. For these reasons, students will no longer be allowed in the hallways without an escort during class. This means that you will need to use the restroom only during the passing times. Once you are in class, you are to remain in class until your teacher dismisses you. Do NOT ask to use the restroom, go to your locker, get something off of a printer, or go to one of the offices. Your teacher's answer will be "no."
Further, students need to be in class, seated and ready to learn before the start of class. Due to a large number of tardy students who remain in the hallways following the bell, we will be conducting random "hallway sweeps" at Jefferson. In the event of a "sweep," teachers will lock their classroom doors after the tardy bell and any students who remain in the hallways will be escorted to the library where they will receive three after-school detentions. Students may receive additional consequences as they will still be counted tardy to class. "Hallway sweeps" will occur unannounced for the remainder of the school year. To avoid the three after-school detentions that will be assigned to tardy students during a "sweep," all students need to make sure they are in class on time and ready to learn.
Students ~ please remember the following:
• You have three minutes to get to class. Use the restroom during this time.
• Do NOT report to an office to ask for a pass to class. The answer will be "no."
• You are only allowed to visit your locker before school, before and after lunch, and after school.
• Show respect to yourself, other and property while in the halls by moving quickly and quietly to class. Keep your hands to yourself and use language that is appropriate for school.
• If any adult gives you a direction, follow it the first time without arguing.
• Arrive to class on time and ready to learn.
• WE ARE HERE TO LEARN — and learning takes place in the classroom.