Thursday, January 27, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is an A day. We will be outside for lunch.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Bradley M. & Gage W.!
Main Entree: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches; French Fries; Green Beans
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Rounds & Breakfast Casserole
• Sit on the proper side of the cafeteria — A-K or L-Z.
• Keep your conversations at low volume.
• Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself at all times.
• Clean up after yourself.
• Push in your chair when you have been dismissed.
• Walk quietly in the halls if it is an inside day.
• Choose an activity & stick with it for the entire lunch recess!
Cheerleading ~ Practice today.
6th Grade Volleyball ~ You will have practice tomorrow from 4-5PM.
6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Be sure to turn in your permission slip to Coach Gass by Friday or you will NOT go to the basketball game at Illinois State University!
Thank you to everyone who attended our Science Fair last night. It was a huge success!
Congratulations to the following students who were selected to represent JMS at the regional science fair in March at Lincoln Land Community College:
7th Grade ~ Bradley M., Cyann D., Kenyon D., & Kodi P.
8th Grade ~ Austin H., Wyatt S., Michael C., Sarah B., Larissa M., & Taylor J.
Yearbook Club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 115.
ISAT SURVIVOR NIGHT
WHAT: JMS ISAT Survivor Night
WHEN: Monday, January 31st from 5:30-7PM with food served from 5-5:30PM
Parents and students will participate in fun activities to gain the knowledge and skills needed to outwit, outplay, and out-test the ISAT!
6th & 7th grade students have been given registration forms for the 2011-2012 school year. Take the form home and have your parent complete the front and back sides. Return the completed form to your language arts teacher by Monday, January 31st. Every student who returns his/her completed form by the deadline will receive a "Dress-Down Day" pass to be used at a later date.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRTS
If you would like to order an 8th grade t-shirt, see Ms. Stewart in room 202. Each t-shirt costs $15.
KIDS FIRST SPORTS
If you are interested in playing youth baseball with this organization, there are registration forms in the Guidance Office. For more information, go to http://www.kidsfirstsports.org
• All students need to keep their hands to themselves whether in the halls or in the classrooms. Bullying and physical violence toward each other will not be tolerated.
• 7th & 8th grade students should not be passing through the 6th grade hallway. If you have a class in the 1st floor gym area, you must use the west stairs — NOT the stairs by the library.
• Every student must have a pass when coming to any of the offices. The only exception is for Check-In/Check-Out students. If you are needing to go to the office for the nurse, to speak with your Guidance counselor or administrator, or anyone else, you must have a pass!
SHS CHEER CLINIC
The SHS Cheerleaders will be holding their annual Youth Cheerleading Clinic on Saturday, February 5th from 9AM-12PM in the SHS annex and new gym. Registration begins at 8:30AM. The cost is $25 per participant. All registration paperwork and money is due by Saturday, January 29th. Previous years' cheerleading uniforms will be available for purchase for $20 per garment. All Pre-K through 8th grade future SHS Cheerleaders are welcome! If you have any questions, contact Head Coach Nora Povse at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 525-3100, ext. 160.
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES
If you have an after-school detention or activity, you should go directly to the detention or activity when the 2:30 PM bell rings. You are NOT allowed to come downstairs to talk to your friends in the hall or outside at the bus stop and then go back upstairs for your detention or activity. Once you leave the building, you are not allowed to come back in to serve a detention or participate in the activity. If you miss your bus, you will be allowed back inside to call for a ride.
Reminder that polo shirts cannot have logos and the cannot be pinned to hide the logo. Dress code violations should be sent to the Guidance Office.
• not be carried around
• not be tied around your waist
• not be just covering your arms!
2010-2011 OPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL ORATORICAL CONTEST
The Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield announces the 2011 Optimist Oratory Contest which will be held on Saturday, March 5th. The topic is "If I were leader of the free world, the first issue I would address would be ..."
More information can be obtained by contacting the Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield at (217) 546-4443.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
There are check in/check out sheets in all classrooms. If you forget to pick one up in the morning, you can find one near or on the classroom door.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!