Monday, January 31, 2011
Don't forget ....
• No school for students tomorrow!
• Students with planner numbers ending in zero, should see Mrs. Rennison in the main lobby after school today. You have won a prize!
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is an A day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Alec L., Caty W. & Jasmine W.!
Main Entree: Grilled Chicken Sandwiches; Corn; SunChips
A la Carte:
• Sit on the proper side of the cafeteria — A-K or L-Z.
• Keep your conversations at low volume.
• Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself at all times.
• Clean up after yourself.
• Push in your chair when you have been dismissed.
• Walk quietly in the halls if it is an inside day.
• Choose an activity & stick with it for the entire lunch recess!
• 6th Grade Volleyball ~ Congratulations on your win Saturday over GMS. Your serves were awesome!
•7th/8th Grade Volleyball ~ Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM.
ISAT SURVIVOR NIGHT
WHAT: JMS ISAT Survivor Night
WHEN: TONIGHT from 5:30-7PM with food served from 5-5:30PM
Parents and students will participate in fun activities to gain the knowledge and skills needed to outwit, outplay, and out-test the ISAT!
6th & 7th grade students have been given registration forms for the 2011-2012 school year. Take the form home and have your parent complete the front and back sides. Return the completed form to your language arts teacher as soon as possible. Every student who returns his/her completed form by the deadline will receive a "Dress-Down Day" pass to be used at a later date.
Students who came out-of-dress code last week or today will not be allowed to dress-down on the dress-down day! A decision has NOT been made on when we will have the dress-down day!
8TH GRADE T-SHIRTS
If you would like to order an 8th grade t-shirt, see Ms. Stewart in room 202. Each t-shirt costs $15.
KIDS FIRST SPORTS
If you are interested in playing youth baseball with this organization, there are registration forms in the Guidance Office. For more information, go to http://www.kidsfirstsports.org
• All students need to keep their hands to themselves whether in the halls or in the classrooms. Bullying and physical violence toward each other will not be tolerated.
• 7th & 8th grade students should not be passing through the 6th grade hallway. If you have a class in the 1st floor gym area, you must use the west stairs — NOT the stairs by the library.
• Every student must have a pass when coming to any of the offices. The only exception is for Check-In/Check-Out students. If you are needing to go to the office for the nurse, to speak with your Guidance counselor or administrator, or anyone else, you must have a pass!
HIGH SCHOOL CHEER/DANCE CLINICS
• SHS Cheer Clinic ~ The SHS Cheerleaders will be holding their annual Youth Cheerleading Clinic on Saturday, February 5th from 9AM-12PM in the SHS annex and new gym. Registration begins at 8:30AM. The cost is $25 per participant. If you have any questions, contact Head Coach Nora Povse at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 525-3100, ext. 160.
•Lanphier High School Dance Clinic ~ LHS poms will be hosting their annual dance clinic Friday, February 11th from 9AM-2PM. Registration fee is $25 and includes the clinic fee, t-shirt & lunch. For more information, contact Coach Kelly Turner at email@example.com or contact LHS. Registration forms & payment are due by Monday, February 7th.
•Spartan Cheerleading Clinic ~ SSHS cheer clinic will be held Saturday, February 12th from 9AM-12PM. Registration fee is $25 per child and includes the clinic fee, t-shirt & snack. Registration forms & payment are due by Friday, February 4th.
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES
If you have an after-school detention or activity, you should go directly to the detention or activity when the 2:30 PM bell rings. You are NOT allowed to come downstairs to talk to your friends in the hall or outside at the bus stop and then go back upstairs for your detention or activity. Once you leave the building, you are not allowed to come back in to serve a detention or participate in the activity. If you miss your bus, you will be allowed back inside to call for a ride.
Reminder that polo shirts cannot have logos and the cannot be pinned to hide the logo. Dress code violations should be sent to the Guidance Office.
• not be carried around
• not be tied around your waist
• not be just covering your arms!
2010-2011 OPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL ORATORICAL CONTEST
The Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield announces the 2011 Optimist Oratory Contest which will be held on Saturday, March 5th. The topic is "If I were leader of the free world, the first issue I would address would be ..."
More information can be obtained by contacting the Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield at (217) 546-4443.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
There are check in/check out sheets in all classrooms. If you forget to pick one up in the morning, you can find one near or on the classroom door.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!