Wednesday, February 9, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is an A day & we will be inside for lunch shifts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Joeseph S., Kiara J, & Arrion B.!
Main Entree: Chili with Oyster Crackers; French Fries; Green Beans
A la Carte: Blueberry Yogurt Parfaits for $1
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
• Sit on the proper side of the cafeteria — A-K or L-Z.
• Keep your conversations at low volume.
• Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself at all times.
• Clean up after yourself.
• Push in your chair when you have been dismissed.
• Walk quietly in the halls if it is an inside day.
• Choose an activity & stick with it for the entire lunch recess!
• 7th/8th Grade Volleyball ~ Go home after school today but you must return by 4:15PM to Coach Nicholas' classroom. Very Important ~ 8th grade will play first today so that you may go to Preview Night at the high school immediately after the game if your own parent takes you!
SOUTHEAST HIGH SCHOOL PREVIEW NIGHT
Southeast High School's Preview Night will be held this evening from 6:30-8PM. Students in Southeast's attendance boundary received post cards inviting them and their families to the original preview night. The same format will be followed tonight.
REBECCA CAUDILL VOTE & PARTY
The Rebecca Caudill Vote & Party is on Thursday during each lunch hour. Your lunch will be provided. You need to have your sheet in the crate up-dated to be able to vote and be in certain prize ranges. This all has to be done by the morning of February 9th. There are 16 students who have not put down anything about the books they may or may not have read. Students are allowed to come by invitation only. Thank you for participating in this year's Rebecca Caudill Award Program.
HIP HOP DANCERS
The Hip Hop dancers will be having a Crush for a Crush Valentine's Day fundraiser all this week & next week. Crush sodas will be available for you to purchase for you crush or a good friend. The sodas will be available for a $1, and will be delivered to your crushes on Friday, February 18th at the Valentine's dance.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRTS
If you would like to order an 8th grade t-shirt, see Ms. Stewart in room 202. Each t-shirt costs $15. Last day to order is Thursday, Feb. 10th!
We will meet Thursday from 2:30-4PM in room 115.
Yearbooks are on sale for a low introductory fee of $21. Pre-order yours today! There is a limited quantity available. If you have questions, please see Ms. J-C in room 115.
REGIONAL SCIENCE FAIR
Those students who were chosen for regional science fair need to bring their boards back to school! Plan on meeting in Mrs. Franklin's room — room 209 — today, February 9th, after school.
KIDS FIRST SPORTS
If you are interested in playing youth baseball with this organization, there are registration forms in the Guidance Office. For more information, go to http://www.kidsfirstsports.org
• All students need to keep their hands to themselves whether in the halls or in the classrooms. Bullying and physical violence toward each other will not be tolerated.
• 7th & 8th grade students should not be passing through the 6th grade hallway. If you have a class in the 1st floor gym area, you must use the west stairs — NOT the stairs by the library.
• Every student must have a pass when coming to any of the offices. The only exception is for Check-In/Check-Out students. If you are needing to go to the office for the nurse, to speak with your Guidance counselor or administrator, or anyone else, you must have a pass!
HIGH SCHOOL CHEER/DANCE CLINICS
•Lanphier High School Dance Clinic ~ LHS poms will be hosting their annual dance clinic Friday, February 11th from 9AM-2PM. Registration fee is $25 and includes the clinic fee, t-shirt & lunch. For more information, contact Coach Kelly Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact LHS. Registration forms & payment are due by Monday, February 7th.
•Spartan Cheerleading Clinic ~ SSHS cheer clinic will be held Saturday, February 12th from 9AM-12PM. Registration fee is $25 per child and includes the clinic fee, t-shirt & snack. Registration forms & payment are due by Friday, February 4th.
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES
If you have an after-school detention or activity, you should go directly to the detention or activity when the 2:30 PM bell rings. You are NOT allowed to come downstairs to talk to your friends in the hall or outside at the bus stop and then go back upstairs for your detention or activity. Once you leave the building, you are not allowed to come back in to serve a detention or participate in the activity. If you miss your bus, you will be allowed back inside to call for a ride.
Reminder that polo shirts cannot have logos and the cannot be pinned to hide the logo. Dress code violations should be sent to the Guidance Office.
• not be carried around
• not be tied around your waist
• not be just covering your arms!
2010-2011 OPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL ORATORICAL CONTEST
The Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield announces the 2011 Optimist Oratory Contest which will be held on Saturday, March 5th. The topic is "If I were leader of the free world, the first issue I would address would be ..."
More information can be obtained by contacting the Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield at (217) 546-4443.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
There are check in/check out sheets in all classrooms. If you forget to pick one up in the morning, you can find one near or on the classroom door.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!