Monday, February 21, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is an A day & we will be inside for lunch shifts.
BLACK HISTORY TRIVIA
Students must put their name, grade, and answer on a piece of paper and place it in the box labeled "Black History Answers" during their lunch shift.
If your name is called on the announcements the following day, you will be given a prize!
Friday's Question & Answer
In what Midwestern city did the 1908 Race Riot take place? Springfield, Illinois
Dr. Daniel Hale Williams performed the first successful what?
On Friday, February 25th, we will be having a Cops vs. Kids basketball game during 4th block! In order to attend, you must have a 91% or better attendance rate & have no suspensions or referrals for the month of February.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Main Entree: Sloppy Joe's; Tator Tots; Green Beans
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets & Hashbrowns
There will be "Immunity Idols" hidden at each lunch shift today. If you find one, turn it in to Ms. Kulavic or Ms. Alexander for your prize!
• 7th & 8th Grade Volleyball ~ ALL 6th, 7th & 8th grade volleyball players need to turn in their ceremony slips and money to Coach Nicholas before you leave today!
• Congratulations to the 8th grade volleyball team for beating WMS Saturday! Keep up the good work. You will have practice today at 2:30PM.
• Registration Forms ~ There are registration forms for baseball, softball, soccer, & t-ball from the YMCA, Fairview Youth Athletic Association, & Cy Young Little League available in the rack outside of the Guidance Office. If you are interested, please check out the information rack.
Snack Attack is back!
ISAT SURVIVOR NIGHT
Come participate in fun activities that will prepare you for the ISATs! Survivor Night will be held on Wednesday, February 23rd from 5-7PM.
SE HEALTH SCIENCE ACADEMY
The application deadline for Southeast High School's Health Science Academy is Wednesday, February 23rd. Please turn in your application to the Guidance Office.
Yearbooks are on sale for a low introductory fee of $21. Pre-order yours today! There is a limited quantity available. If you have questions, please see Ms. J-C in room 115.
MUNCHIES WITH MOM
Mothers are invited to come have breakfast with their student(s) on Wednesday, February 23rd at 8:15AM. Please RSVP by Monday, February 21st.
KIDS FIRST SPORTS
If you are interested in playing youth baseball with this organization, there are registration forms in the Guidance Office. For more information, go to http://www.kidsfirstsports.org
• All students need to keep their hands to themselves whether in the halls or in the classrooms. Bullying and physical violence toward each other will not be tolerated.
• 7th & 8th grade students should not be passing through the 6th grade hallway. If you have a class in the 1st floor gym area, you must use the west stairs — NOT the stairs by the library.
• Every student must have a pass when coming to any of the offices. The only exception is for Check-In/Check-Out students. If you are needing to go to the office for the nurse, to speak with your Guidance counselor or administrator, or anyone else, you must have a pass!
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES
If you have an after-school detention or activity, you should go directly to the detention or activity when the 2:30 PM bell rings. You are NOT allowed to come downstairs to talk to your friends in the hall or outside at the bus stop and then go back upstairs for your detention or activity. Once you leave the building, you are not allowed to come back in to serve a detention or participate in the activity. If you miss your bus, you will be allowed back inside to call for a ride.
Reminder that polo shirts cannot have logos and the cannot be pinned to hide the logo. Dress code violations should be sent to the Guidance Office.
• not be carried around
• not be tied around your waist
• not be just covering your arms!
2010-2011 OPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL ORATORICAL CONTEST
The Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield announces the 2011 Optimist Oratory Contest which will be held on Saturday, March 5th. The topic is "If I were leader of the free world, the first issue I would address would be ..."
More information can be obtained by contacting the Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield at (217) 546-4443.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!