Friday, March 4, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is a B day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Deundre S., Mrs. McCorkle, Kodi P., Brendan W., Mosean W., & Latasia L.!
Main Entree: Mac & Cheese; Gyros; Green Beans
Tuesday's Breakfast: Oatmeal Breakfast Rounds
• 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Volleyball ~ Don't forget about the awards banquet this coming Monday at 6PM at the Incredible Pizza Company. Bring your families & your appetites.
7th & 8th grade players need to be back by the gym tomorrow at 9:30AM in the morning for regionals. Don't be late!
• Track ~ Track practice will begin after school on Wednesday, March 9th. You'll need to be dressed and ready to go at 2:4PM. You need 3 things to participate:
1) Current physical
2) Signed athletic card with signatures and proof of insurance
3) 2.0 minimum GPA at the semester
• Registration Forms ~ There are registration forms for baseball, softball, soccer, & t-ball from the YMCA, Fairview Youth Athletic Association, & Cy Young Little League available in the rack outside of the Guidance Office. If you are interested, please check out the information rack.
Snack Attack is back!
Yearbooks are on sale for $25.00. Order yours today!
FANNIE MAE FUNDRAISER DELIVERY
Fannie Mae candy fundraiser items that you sold will be here today. A few of you have big orders so make sure your parents are aware that they may have to come get you. Everyone else should be able to take the items home on the bus.
KIDS FIRST SPORTS
If you are interested in playing youth baseball with this organization, there are registration forms in the Guidance Office. For more information, go to http://www.kidsfirstsports.org
SHS ACTIVITIES NIGHT
SHS will be hosting an Activities Night on Tuesday, March 8th at 7PM. Come learn more about school activities and talk to players and coaches.
SHS SWING INTO SPRING
When: Friday, March 18th from 7-10PM
Who: SHS Jazz Bands
What: An evening of Big Band music for dancing and listening ~ dance lessons from 7-7:30PM
Cost: $6 for adults & $4 for students
For more information, contact Jane Turner, SHS Band Parents President, at 793-8035.
JMS STUDENTS WAVE ON CHANNEL 20
JMS students are scheduled to "wave" at the end of each news cast for the entire week of March 28th through April 3rd.
• All students need to keep their hands to themselves whether in the halls or in the classrooms. Bullying and physical violence toward each other will not be tolerated.
• 7th & 8th grade students should not be passing through the 6th grade hallway. If you have a class in the 1st floor gym area, you must use the west stairs — NOT the stairs by the library.
• Every student must have a pass when coming to any of the offices. The only exception is for Check-In/Check-Out students. If you are needing to go to the office for the nurse, to speak with your Guidance counselor or administrator, or anyone else, you must have a pass!
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES
If you have an after-school detention or activity, you should go directly to the detention or activity when the 2:30 PM bell rings. You are NOT allowed to come downstairs to talk to your friends in the hall or outside at the bus stop and then go back upstairs for your detention or activity. Once you leave the building, you are not allowed to come back in to serve a detention or participate in the activity. If you miss your bus, you will be allowed back inside to call for a ride.
Reminder that polo shirts cannot have logos and the cannot be pinned to hide the logo. Dress code violations should be sent to the Guidance Office.
• not be carried around
• not be tied around your waist
• not be just covering your arms!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!