Friday, March 25, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is a B day. We will be outside at lunch as long as the weather cooperates.
Students are not allowed to wear shorts or capri pants until April 1st. Please send all dress code violators to the Guidance Office.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Jordan T., Abigail S., Jordan R., John O., Chase T., Mrs. Huffman, & Mr. Blunk!
Main Entree: Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Sauce; French Fries; Carrots
Monday's Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs & Hashbrowns
QUARTERS FOR QUAKES: JAPAN DISASTER RELIEF
Now through April 5th IMSA is sponsoring Quarters for Quakes. Turn in your money to your 3rd block teacher. The class that raises the most money will get a pizza party! For every 25¢ you bring in, you get to write your name on a ticket for a drawing to pie a teacher in the face! One student from each grade level will be chosen to pie a teacher.
STAFF vs STUDENTS BASKETBALL GAME
The staff vs students basketball game will be on Friday, March 31st. In order to attend, you may not have any buddy room visits, referrals [including bus referrals], after-school detentions, or suspensions from 03/21/11 through the day of the game. The cost to attend is $1.00.
• Track Practice Schedule 3/28 - 3/31 ~ There will be track practice for all BOYS on Monday. There will be track practice for all GIRLS on Tuesday. Everyone will practice on Wednesday and Thursday.
• Volleyball ~ All 7th & 8th grade volleyball girls must have uniforms in by today. Please be sure to wash them before you turn them in to Coach Nicholas.
• Southeast Poms ~ Attention all 8th graders interested in trying out for the Southeast Poms: There will be a mandatory parents meeting on April 12th at 6PM at Southeast in room 223. There are flyers posted in the main office for more information. Tryout packets will be available at the meeting.
• JFL 2011 Registration ~ Junior Football League of Springfield will hold registration for Kindergarten through 8th grade students from 11AM-4PM at the following locations:
April 16 & 23 ~ May 7 & 28 - Godfather's, 1549 S. Dirksen Parkway; Incredible Pizza Company, 2744 S. 6th St.; & White Oaks Mall
• Registration Forms ~ There are registration forms for baseball, softball, soccer, & t-ball from the YMCA, Fairview Youth Athletic Association, & Cy Young Little League available in the rack outside of the Guidance Office. If you are interested, please check out the information rack.
Congratulations to the following students for having their artwork selected for the RMD Artwork Gallery: Shelby S., Kodi P., Justice M., and Samantha L.
Their artwork will be displayed downtown at the RMD Gallery for April 1st - April 30th. The public can vote for their favorite artwork during the month of April. Mrs. Magruder encourages you to check out this amazing gallery and support your peers by voting for their artwork.
Also, congratulations to April Z.! Her artwork was selected for the 1900 Gallery and will be displayed at the District Board Office for the next year.
If you see these students today, make sure to congratulate them on their outstanding work!
There are only a few yearbooks left. Yearbooks are on sale for $25.00. Order yours today!
JMS is collecting yellow 5¢ Pepsi caps now through April 30, 2011. Purchase any Pepsi product with a YELLOW 5¢ cap. Save the cap & bring it to JMS. There is a collection bucket in the main office. You may also give the caps to Mrs. J-C Nosa in room 115. Jefferson will receive 5¢ for each yellow cap turned in.
KIDS FIRST SPORTS
If you are interested in playing youth baseball with this organization, there are registration forms in the Guidance Office. For more information, go to http://www.kidsfirstsports.org
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!