Monday, May 16, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is a "B" day. We will be outside at lunch as long as the weather cooperates!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Yesmeen W. & Allantys H.!
Main Entree: Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Sauce; French Fries
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs & Hashbrowns
There will be NO charges after May 23rd. Students need to bring their accounts up to date — especially 8th graders — by May 18th!
• Track ~ The Sectional Track Meet was held Saturday at Memorial Stadium. The following boys are State bound! They will be participating in the IESA State Track Meet this coming weekend in East Peoria.
• Edwin G. - 1st place in the 400m, 110m hurdles & on the 1st place 4X100m relay team. That's 3 blue ribbons!
• Davonte R. - 1st place in the 800m, 2nd place in the 100m dash & on the 1st place 4X100m relay team. That's 2 blue ribbons!
• Braedyn A. & Justin R. round out the 4X100m relay team that took 1st place.
The 7th grade boys' team took 2nd place — the highest that a JMS 7th grade team has EVER placed in Sectionals!
• Volleyball ~ Any 6th or 7th grader interested in the UIS volleyball camp from June 27-29 should please see Coach Nicholas in room 215 for a registration sheet. You will receive a t-shirt for participating.
BURGER KING FUNDRAISER
Come out and support JMS by purchasing your dinner from Burger King at 2900 S. 6th St. on May 17, 2011 from 5-8PM. You must present the flyer upon ordering. You can find the flyer on the Jefferson homepage.
If you have already paid for your yearbook, you may pick it up in Ms. J-C Nosa's room — room 115 — after school. Please put your name in your yearbook in several places. Do NOT leaving it laying around.
The deadline for YELLOW PEPSI caps has been extended. Please continue to bring in the caps!
Students with library detentions are expected to serve the detention during the first 10 minutes of their lunch shift until the books are returned or the money for the books is paid. The detentions will be changing to after-school detentions this week if you have not returned or paid for the books!
Camp Nkiru will take place at Springfield High School on June 20-July 29 from 9AM-4PM. The purpose of Camp Nkiru is to provide community youth with new ideas and opportunities that will empower them to make positive and life affirming choices that will improve their lives, their families' lives, and their community. For more information and applications, please see Ms. Austin in the Guidance Office.
PARENT PROGRAM EVALUATIONS
Teachers have given you the Parent Program Evaluations. Please take these home to your parents for completion. Any student that turns in their survey to Ms. Austin by May 25th will receive free cheesy bread from Papa Murphy's or cookie dough.
The 21st Century program will continue for the summer and will be based out of the Boys & Girls Club at 15th & Monroe. The program will run from 9AM-Noon Monday through Thursday until the end of July. See Mr. Reed or your guidance dean for more information or an application.
DRESS CODE REMINDERS
Please comply with the JMS dress code. NO cargo shorts or cargo capris may be worn. You may NOT pin your polo shirts. You may not have emblems on your polo shirt. You may not wear a non-polo shirt to school.
Final exams will be given May 27th through June 3rd. We will not give finals early to accommodate family vacations. The last day of school is Monday, June 6th.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!