Wednesday, August 31, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch as long as the weather cooperates!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Romello J-S, Zane F., Lisa A., Mya H., Alexus N-J, & Mrs. Watkins!
Main Entree: Catfish Strips with Bread
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bagel Thursday!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. Please either bring in your completed physical form or proof of an appointment scheduled.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
FREE BOOK DAY
Today is the day to get your FREE BOOK! During your lunch shift, come to the front lobby by the library to pick out a FREE book. Girls, please come pick out a book before you eat. Boys, please come pick out a book after you eat. No passes to class will be written so you need to hurry.
• Girls on Track ~ Girls on Track is a club for any girls in our school that starts September 7th. Only the first 15 girls to sign up can be in the group. We will have group meetings, fun games, and of course — we will run! If you are interested in joining this fun new group, see Mrs. Dunn in room 213 for an application.
• IMSA ~ Looking for an after-school activity? Perhaps IMSA [Illinois Math & Science Academy] is just for you! Learn how to extract DNA ~ Become a DNA detective and Genetics Genius at IMSA! Pick up an application from Ms. Wright in room 206. Applications are due on Friday, September 9th. Mrs. McCorkle & Ms. Wright hope to see you there! IMSA meets on Mondays after school from 3-4:15PM.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20.
• Yearbook Club ~ If you would like to have input and help create the JMS yearbook, please attend our yearbook informational meeting on September 15th from 2:30-4PM. Questions? See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Fundraiser ~ Don't forget the fall fundraiser is on-going. When you take orders from friends and family members, please remember to collect payment. Checks should be made payable to Jefferson Middle School. All orders and money are due on September 6th.
• 21st Century ~ 21st Century is back! Program starts September 12th. Pick up an application in the Guidance Office.
• Cross Country ~ Cross country practice today after school. Be dressed and ready by 2:45PM. Meet in the hallway by the gym doors.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Tryouts will be held on Thursday [Sept. 1st] from 2:30-4PM for 7th & 8th grade girls interested in playing on the JMS 7th & 8th grade girls' basketball team.
There will be an activity bus available. Wear shorts, t-shirts & tennis shoes. New players may try out. See Mrs. Wash if in room 210 if you have any questions!
• Dance Team ~ If you missed your opportunity to tryout for the Dance Team, here is another opportunity! Ms. Austin has 5 spots available on on the team. Tryouts will be held today [Aug. 31st] from 6-8PM. See Ms. Austin in the Guidance Office for a tryout packet.
• LHS Pom Poms Kiddie Camp ~ LHS dance clinic will be held on Saturday, September 10, from 9AM-1PM. Registration fee is $25 & includes a t-shirt, lunch, & performance at a varsity football game on September 16th. Registration forms are available in the front office from Ms. Austin.
SCHOOL PHYSICAL EXAMS
Catholic Charities & St. Clare's Health Clinic will be providing school physical exams for all kids on September 9th. Please call (217) 523-1474 today to make your appointment. Each child will receive a FREE bookbag full of school supplies with the exam.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!