Tuesday, September 6, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
If we eat food that is not healthy, the cells in our body will not be healthy and we can get sick more often.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Mrs. Tarr & Mrs. Stearns!
Main Entree: Grilled Chicken Patties on a Bun; Carrots; French Fries
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets with Sausage
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. Please either bring in your completed physical form or proof of an appointment scheduled.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
• Girls on Track ~ Girls on Track starts tomorrow, September 7th. See Mrs. Dunn in room 213 if you have any questions.
• IMSA ~ Tonight is IMSA Parent Night! Please come and bring your parents to learn more about the IMSA program at 5:30PM in room 206.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20.
• Yearbook Club ~ If you would like to have input and help create the JMS yearbook, please attend our yearbook informational meeting on September 15th from 2:30-4PM. Questions? See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Fundraiser ~ All orders and money are due today!
• 21st Century ~ 21st Century is back! Program starts September 12th. Pick up an application in the Guidance Office.
• Math Club ~ Math Club for girls will meet today after school until 4PM in room 107. Come join us for math fun and games. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Goss-Rodgers in room 107.
• Cross Country ~ Practice today at 2:30PM.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Tryouts will be held on today [Sept. 6th] from 2:30-4PM for 7th & 8th grade girls interested in playing on the JMS 7th & 8th grade girls' basketball team.
There will be an activity bus available. Wear shorts, t-shirts & tennis shoes. New players may try out. See Mrs. Wash if in room 210 if you have any questions!
• LHS Pom Poms Kiddie Camp ~ LHS dance clinic will be held on Saturday, September 10, from 9AM-1PM. Registration fee is $25 & includes a t-shirt, lunch, & performance at a varsity football game on September 16th. Registration forms are available in the front office from Ms. Austin.
• Cheerleading Tryouts ~ Cheerleading tryouts will be held next week on Tuesday [Sept. 13th] and Thursday [Sept. 15th] from 2:30-4PM. Please note that if you are on the dance team, you CANNOT tryout for cheerleading! If you have any questions, please see Ms. Block in room 219.
SCHOOL PHYSICAL EXAMS
Catholic Charities & St. Clare's Health Clinic will be providing school physical exams for all kids on September 9th. Please call (217) 523-1474 today to make your appointment. Each child will receive a FREE bookbag full of school supplies with the exam.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!