Thursday, September 22, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
The bright colors of fruits and vegetables come from the phytochemicals they contain. Phytochemicals make carrots, squash, and papaya orange; they make blueberries blue, and cauliflower white. These colorful fruits and vegetables protect the cells in our bodies from disease.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Alexandra A., Deshara B. & Mr. Craner!
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: BBQ Riblets; Corn
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donuts
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. Please either bring in your completed physical form or proof of an appointment scheduled.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
Spirit Wear t-shirts & sweatshirts will be sold this week during all lunch shifts.
• Hip Hop Dance Team ~ Hip Hop Dance Team practice is canceled for JMS dancers only tonight.
• Studio Announcers ~ If you would like to become a member of the JMS TV Studio Staff, please pick up an application from Mrs. Gephart or from the door of room 116.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• 21st Century ~ 21st Century is back! Pick up an application in the Guidance Office.
• Fall Dance ~ Our next dance will be held on November 4th from 6-8PM. If you have 3 or more buddy room visits between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. If you have ANY suspensions between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team. ~
• Girls' Basketball ~ 7th & 8th grade practice from 2:30-4PM. 6th grade practice from 4-5:30PM.
• Cross Country ~ Meet today at Lincoln Park at 3:30PM. Bus leaves JMS at 2:45PM.
Opponents: FMS, St. Al's & Spfld Christian
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
YEARBOOK CLUB BURGER KING NIGHT
Please support JMS Yearbook Club by attending the Burger King Benefit Night at 2900 S. 6th Street October 27th, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
It is easy! Just order dinner and state that you are supporting Jefferson's Yearbook Club. You can even go through the drive through, just mention that you have the benefit night flyer before ordering.
Burger King will donate 20% of your purchase to JMS Yearbook Club.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!