Tuesday, September 27, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
When you want something sweet, fresh fruit is a great choice. An apple, banana or orange is the ideal snack, and it's ready instantly.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Angel K., Daimielle C. & Mr. Taylor!
DRESS DOWN DAY
If you pay $1, you may come to school tomorrow out-of-uniform! You must follow the District dress code:
Informational and District Handbook
• Hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.
• Coats and jackets should not be worn in the building without principal permission.
• Clothing with holes, ragged hems or cut-off hemlines, or made of transparent or fishnet fabric, or clothing that exposes the chest, abdomen, genital area or buttocks, undergarments or the legs above mid-thigh, shall not be worn in the buildings.
• Properly-fitting clothing is to be worn. Oversized, extremely baggy clothing or improperly-fitted clothing is not allowed. Pants, shorts or skirts must be worn at the waist — sagging is prohibited.
Mrs. Rennison will visit each 1st period class and collect your $1.
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Popcorn Chicken; French Fries
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. Please either bring in your completed physical form or proof of an appointment scheduled.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
• Book Swap ~ Tomorrow is the 1st book swap of the year! Bring in a gently used book from home and swap it for a new book. The book swap will be in the front lobby during your lunch shift.
• Yearbook Club ~ Yearbook Club will meet Thursday from 2:30-4PM.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• 21st Century ~ 21st Century is back! Pick up an application in the Guidance Office.
• Fall Dance ~ Our next dance will be held on November 4th from 6-8PM. If you have 3 or more buddy room visits between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. If you have ANY suspensions between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team. ~
• Girls' Basketball ~ 7th & 8th grade practice from 2:30-4PM. 6th grade practice today from 4-5:30PM.
• Cross Country ~ Practice today 2:30-4:15PM.
• Cheerleading ~ Practice today. Be in Ms. Block's room 219 with all of your stuff and homework to work on. There should be no reason to go back to your locker.
REBECCA CAUDILL READING AWARDS
Congratulations! The September winners are:
5th Place ~ Amanda E. who read Girl Who Threw Butterflies & won a book and book supplies
4th Place ~ Hope H. who read Greetings from Nowhere & won a book and book supplies
3rd Place ~ Michele L. who read Peak & won a book and bookmark
2nd Place ~ Ricky W. who read All the Broken Pieces & won $5 and a book
1st Place ~ Haley J. who read All the Broken Pieces & won $10 and a book
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
YEARBOOK CLUB BURGER KING NIGHT
Please support JMS Yearbook Club by attending the Burger King Benefit Night at 2900 S. 6th Street October 27th, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
It is easy! Just order dinner and state that you are supporting Jefferson's Yearbook Club. You can even go through the drive through, just mention that you have the benefit night flyer before ordering.
Burger King will donate 20% of your purchase to JMS Yearbook Club.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!