Monday, October 24, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be going outside today at lunch.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Do you have a food processor at home? Use it to make different slices, dices, and shreds of vegetables to make them interesting. If you don't have one, you can slice them yourself, or buy vegetables pre-cut in many different ways.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Corn Dogs; Green Beans
A la Carte:
Monday's Breakfast: Chicken Sausage with Cheese on a Biscuit
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Fall Dance ~ Our next dance will be held on November 4th from 6-8PM. If you have 3 or more buddy room visits between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. If you have ANY suspensions between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
• Book Swap ~ The October book swap has been rescheduled for Wed., October 26th.
• Halloween Messages ~ Happy Halloween! Send a halloween message to a friend. Each message will have a candy treat and costs 50¢. The Halloween messages will be sold at lunch during the week of October 24th-28th and delivered on Halloween, October 31st.
• Twilight Bowling ~ Yearbook club will be hosting its 1st Twilight Bowling fundraiser on November 10th from 9PM-11PM. The tickets will be sold during lunch shifts on November 7th & 8th for $15. Payment plans are available. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Girls on Track ~ Meet today in room 213 after school
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 6PM-8PM
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ All players must be in Coach Gass' room from 2:30-4PM. Bring something to work on.
RED RIBBON WEEK
Red Ribbon Week begins today. One way we can show respect towards ourselves is by staying drug-free. If you want to submit an essay to win a prize, answer the following question:
"Why is it improtant to keep your head in the game by remaining drug-free?"
Essays due to Mrs. Rennison in the main office by Thursday. Tomorrow is "Put a Cap on Drugs" day You may wear a baseball cap to school tomorrow — just make sure it's appropriate!
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
YEARBOOK CLUB BURGER KING NIGHT
Please support JMS Yearbook Club by attending the Burger King Benefit Night at 2900 S. 6th Street October 27th, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
It is easy! Just order dinner and state that you are supporting Jefferson's Yearbook Club. You can even go through the drive through, just mention that you have the benefit night flyer before ordering.
Burger King will donate 20% of your purchase to JMS Yearbook Club.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!