Wednesday, October 26, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be going outside today at lunch.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Have you tried a rutabaga? How about a daikon? Or peas in a pod? There are so many delicious and interesting vegetables at the store, and they are all good for you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Chicken Teriyaki with Rice; Peas
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
Clubs & Activities
• WEB Leader Meeting ~ There is a WEB leader meeting after school today. There will be an activity bus. Wear your WEB t-shirts!
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Fall Dance ~ Our next dance will be held on November 4th from 6-8PM. If you have 3 or more buddy room visits between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. If you have ANY suspensions between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
• Book Swap ~ The October book swap is today! Bring in a book to swap during your lunch shift.
• Halloween Messages ~ Happy Halloween! Send a halloween message to a friend. Each message will have a candy treat and costs 50¢. The Halloween messages will be sold at lunch during the week of October 24th-28th and delivered on Halloween, October 31st.
• Twilight Bowling ~ Yearbook club will be hosting its 1st Twilight Bowling fundraiser on November 10th from 9PM-11PM. The tickets will be sold during lunch shifts on November 7th & 8th for $15. Payment plans are available. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Girls on Track ~ Meet after school in room 213
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice tonight from 6-8PM
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Mandatory study session in Coach Gass' room from 2:30-4PM & practice from 4-6PM
RED RIBBON WEEK
One way we can show respect towards ourselves is by staying drug-free. If you want to submit an essay to win a prize, answer the following question:
"Why is it improtant to keep your head in the game by remaining drug-free?"
Essays due to Mrs. Rennison in the main office by Thursday.
Wear your favorite basketball, baseball or football jersey tomorrow with your uniform pants because at JMS it is important to keep your head in the game. Remember essays are due to Mrs. Rennison by tomorrow.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
YEARBOOK CLUB BURGER KING NIGHT
Please support JMS Yearbook Club by attending the Burger King Benefit Night at 2900 S. 6th Street tomorrow evening from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
It is easy! Just order dinner and state that you are supporting Jefferson's Yearbook Club. You can even go through the drive through, just mention that you have the benefit night flyer before ordering.
Burger King will donate 20% of your purchase to JMS Yearbook Club.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!