Wednesday, November 9, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside today at lunch as long as the weather cooperates.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Frozen vegetables are easy to make because you don't have to wash or cut the vegetables. In just minutes you can have a full meal in a large pot, boil your favorite pasta. When it's almost done, add a bag of your favorite frozen veggies, stir until everything is done, drain carefully, and finally add some tomato sauce and stir until heated through.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Adrian F., Shyanne G., Nahshon F., & Deonte J.!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Sloppy Joe's ; French Fries
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
Clubs & Activities
• Reading Night ~ Reading Night is Thursday, November 17th from 5:30-7PM. Please come to this fun event. We will be giving away a free book to each JMS student, having word games, solving a murder, becoming TV stars, and many more fun activities! We'll also have pizza to snack on.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Twilight Bowling ~ Yearbook club will be hosting its 1st Twilight Bowling fundraiser tomorrow night from 9PM-11PM. The tickets will be sold during lunch shifts today for $15. Payment plans are available. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• United Way Fundraiser ~ Each first hour class is collecting coins to help United Way "change someone's life and make a difference." Please bring:
Quarters & Cash tomorrow
The first hour class with the greatest amount of change collected will win a PIZZA PARTY!!!! Ms. Nelson has offered to match the student collection total. So, dig in those couch cushions and let's help make a change!
• JMS String Bags ~ There is a limited supply of JMS Jaguars string bags. See Mrs. Berendes in room 202 with your money to get one while they last! The bags cost $12 each.
• Canned Food Drive ~ This week starts our school-wide competition of canned foods. Bring canned foods and non-perishable items in to your first hour teachers and help your class win a FREE pizza party! The top two first hour classes that bring in the most items win a FREE pizza party. The canned food drive will go until December 9th. Help JMS fight hunger and give back to the community!
• FACES ~ Students ~ Do you have any concerns, suggestions, or things you want to see different happen at JMS? If so, we encourage you to talk to your student representatives from your grade level and drop your concerns or suggestions in the drop box. The drop boxes are located in the library. They will be picked up by your student representatives every Friday during lunch and discussed with your student representatives and Mrs. Wash. There is a box for each grade level so make sure you place your concerns in the correct box.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Girls on Track ~ Meet today in room 213 after school.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!