Tuesday, November 29, 2011
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside today at lunch. Bring your jacket with you to the cafeteria. You will NOT be allowed to go back to your locker.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Just because a product's label says "multigrain," this does not automatically mean that it's a whole grain product. Look for words like "whole wheat," "brown rice" or "oats" as one of the first ingredients.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Shelby W. & William R.!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Grilled Chicken Patty Sandwiches; Broccoli Cheese Rice
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bagels with Cream Cheese or Jelly
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
Clubs & Activities
• November Book Swap ~ Come to the main lobby during your lunch shift tomorrow and swap a book! Bring a book and you'll be able to get a book. We have new books and many gently used books.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• JMS String Bags ~ There is a limited supply of JMS Jaguars string bags. See Mrs. Berendes in room 202 with your money to get one while they last! The bags cost $12 each.
• Canned Food Drive ~ Our school-wide competition of canned foods continues this week. Bring canned foods and non-perishable items in to your first hour teachers and help your class win a FREE pizza party! The top two first hour classes that bring in the most items win a FREE pizza party. The canned food drive will go until December 9th. Help JMS fight hunger and give back to the community!
BARNES & NOBLE BOOK FAIR
The JMS Barnes & Noble Book Fair is December 1st. We have started the "One for the Money" contest. Bring $1 and fill out a slip for a chance for a book from Barnes & Noble on the book fair date. This contest runs from November 14th-29th. The contest slips and jug are in the library. See Ms. Whalen if you have any questions.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Volleyball ~ Volleyball tryouts will be today. 7th & 8th grade girls will try out from 2:30-4PM. 6th grade girls tryouts will directly follow from 4-6PM. 6th graders must leave the building and be back at 3:45PM at the back gym doors. Your ride needs to be here to pick you up at 5:45PM.
Call-backs will take place on the 1st of December at the same times.
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Away game today at 4PM at Blessed Sacrament
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!