Friday, January 6, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside today at lunch. Bring your jacket with you to the cafeteria. You will NOT be allowed to go back to your locker.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
How many types of beans can you think of that are used in Mexican and Spanish dishes? Black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, lima beans, and green beans are five different types.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Zeruiah M., Ananise M., Ashilyn A., Joseph K., & Alexandrea L.!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Chili with Cheese Sticks; Green Beans; Fritos
Monday's Breakfast: Bagels with Cream Cheese & Jelly or Breakfast Rounds
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Yearbook Club ~ Yearbook Club will meet Wednesday, January 11th, after school in room 115.
• IMSA ~ IMSA will meet on Monday, January 9th, after school in room 206. We are starting a new unit on forensic sleuthing! If you are interested in joining, please see Ms. Wright or Mrs. McCorkle.
• Yearbook Burger King Fundraiser ~ Come sponsor Yearbook Club at Burger King on January 12th from 5-8PM.
• JMS String Bags ~ There is a limited supply of JMS Jaguars string bags. See Mrs. Berendes in room 202 with your money to get one while they last! The bags cost $12 each.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ 8th grade boys will have practice on Friday from 2:30-4:30PM. Please have your family pick you up promptly at 4:30PM. This practice is for 8th grade boys only!
We will be taking orders from the following brochures:
which feature bagged nuts, snack tins and cheese & sausage items; irresistible treats for Valentine's Day; and stylish jewelry and accessories.
The sale is from January 4th through January 17th. Payment must be collected when you take orders. Checks should be made payable to Jefferson Middle School.
All orders and money must be turned in on Tuesday, January 17th. Late orders cannot be accepted! Delivery will be on Monday, February 6th.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!