Tuesday, January 24, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today weather permitting!
FOUND ~ A pair of black-framed glasses were found on the west stairs. If you lost your glasses, please see Mrs. Frye in the main office.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
George Washington Carver was an American man, born in Missouri, who taught people excellent ways to use healthful foods such as peanuts, sweet potatoes, soybeans, and pecans.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Donnaisha L. & Mr. Duenas!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Nacho Grande; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuits & Gravy
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Yearbook Club ~ All yearbook club members should stop by Mrs. Nosa's room sometime today — room 115.
• 8th Grade T-shirts ~ Please remember to turn in your $15 for your 8th grade t-shirt to Mrs. Berendes in room 202.
• Applebee's Fundraiser ~ Don't forget to return your Applebee's fundraiser form to win a chance at $50. See Ms. Kulavic in room 200 if you have any questions.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Cheerleaders ~ Practice today after school
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-6PM — 8th grade players only!
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice from 2:30-4PM
ISAT Survivor Night will be held tonight from 5:30-7PM at JMS. Food will be provided. Parents and students will participate in fun activities to gain the knowledge and skills to outwit, outplay, and out-test the ISAT. Test dates are from March 6th through March 16th.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
Respect means treating people the way you want to be treated. At JMS we believe that RESPECT is so important that we made it the basis of our 3 school-wide expectations. Being respectful means saying only kind things about other students, encouraging others and making them feel good about themselves.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!