Friday, January 27, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
A nori roll is a Japanese sandwich that is easy to eat and very tasty. Specially prepared rice that sticks together is rolled together with strips of tofu and vegetables such as carrots, avocado, radish, and wrapped up with a thin sheet of dried nori, which is a vegetable fro the ocean. Sometimes this is also called sushi. Most people think of sushi as raw fish, but actually sushi means vinegared rice. Sushi can be made with short grain brown rice and vegetables, and have no fish at all.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Gage W., Jerry D., Jerrod F., Bradley M., Matthew J., Jacob M., Kewonne M., Christopher W., & Ravyn V.!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Popcorn Chicken; Vegetable Soup; Fritos
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• 8th Grade T-shirts ~ Please remember to turn in your $15 for your 8th grade t-shirt to Mrs. Berendes in room 202.
• Applebee's Fundraiser ~ Don't forget to return your Applebee's fundraiser form to win a chance at $50. See Ms. Kulavic in room 200 if you have any questions.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-6PM. 8th grade only!
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 2:30-4PM. No bus!
Congratulations to those 7th & 8th grade students that will be advancing to Regional Science Fair March 24th at Lincoln Land Community College.
Please take your project board to Ms. Wright in room 206 if you haven't already. Congratulations to everyone for a wonderful Science Fair evening.
HEALTH & SCIENCE ACADEMY
8th grade students only ~ If you are interested in attending the Health & Science Academy, applications are available in the guidance office. If you are in 4-weight classes, teacher recommendations are required. Turn in completed applications to the guidance office by February 7th.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
Do you know the difference between teasing and bullying? Teasing is reciprocal, which means that both people are participating. For example, if one person calls another student lame and then the other student calls him goofy; and then they both laugh about it, that is considered teasing. Teasing becomes bullying when it is one-sided and the bully makes a choice to harm someone else with their words or actions.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!