Monday, February 6, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
You don't have to go to a gym to be fit. Just moving your body more each day will help you become more fit, so you'll have more energy, feel stronger, andy move faster. Walking is one if the easiest ways to get exercise.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: BBQ Riblet Sandwiches; Cheesy Peas
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donut Holes
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
8th grade ~ All registration forms are due today.
6th & 7th grade ~ All registration forms are due tomorrow. No exceptions!
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 6-8PM. 7th grade only!
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 4-6PM
• Cheerleaders ~ Practice tomorrow [Tuesday] after school from 2:30-4PM
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
HEALTH & SCIENCE ACADEMY
8th grade students only ~ If you are interested in attending the Health & Science Academy, applications are available in the guidance office. If you are in 4-weight classes, teacher recommendations are required. Turn in completed applications to the guidance office by tomorrow.
This is the last week to fill in the blue Rebecca Caudill reading sheet. All information needs to be in by the end of school on Friday, February 10th. The Rebecca Caudill vote and party is on February 15th and is by invitation only!
8th graders ~ Please do NOT store your books and binders in your gym locker during lunch shifts or at the end of the school day. You will not be allowed into the locker room to retrieve them.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
Do you know the difference between teasing and bullying? Teasing is reciprocal, which means that both people are participating. For example, if one person calls another student lame and then the other student calls him goofy; and then they both laugh about it, that is considered teasing. Teasing becomes bullying when it is one-sided and the bully makes a choice to harm someone else with their words or actions.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!