Tuesday, February 7, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
No matter what your shape, size, or age, exercise is for everyone. It is as important to be fit on the inside as it is to be fit on the outside.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Spicy Popcorn Chicken; Mexican Rice
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cheese Omelets
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Math Club ~ Please join up for Math Club for Girls today after school until 4PM.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• JMS Book Club ~ There will be an informational meeting Friday at lunch for those interested in the JMS Book Club. Books this month are Flygirl, The Fourth Stall, and Gym Candy. See the JMS website for more information.
• Crush for a Crush ~ The Hip-Hop dancers will be having a Crush for a Crush Valentine's Day fundraiser all week. Crush sodas will be available for you to purchase for your crush or a good friend. The sodas will be available for $1 and will be delivered to our crushes on February 14th.
8th grade ~ All registration forms are due.
6th & 7th grade ~ All registration forms are due.
**If you do not turn in your forms, your classes will be selected for you. Your parents/guardians will also have to come to JMS in August and provide proof of residency in order for you to be enrolled at JMS.**
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-6PM. 8th grade only!
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• Cheerleaders ~ Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
This is the last week to fill in the blue Rebecca Caudill reading sheet. All information needs to be in by the end of school on Friday, February 10th. The Rebecca Caudill vote and party is on February 15th and is by invitation only!
8th graders ~ Please do NOT store your books and binders in your gym locker during lunch shifts or at the end of the school day. You will not be allowed into the locker room to retrieve them.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
Do you know the difference between teasing and bullying? Teasing is reciprocal, which means that both people are participating. For example, if one person calls another student lame and then the other student calls him goofy; and then they both laugh about it, that is considered teasing. Teasing becomes bullying when it is one-sided and the bully makes a choice to harm someone else with their words or actions.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!