Tuesday, February 14, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
If you are able to find a pedometer, wear it all day and see if you can walk at least 10,000 steps per day. This isn't as far as you may think!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Chicken Strips; Potato Wedges; Carrots
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION
Friday's question was:
Name the African-American mathematician who was a surveyor on the team that planned the District of Columbia.
Benjamin Banneker in 1790
Today's question is:
What do we call the slave songs that combined African rhythms with biblical scripture?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drop it in the answer box.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Math Club ~ Math Club meets today after school until 4PM in room 107.
• Crush for a Crush ~ Today your Crushes will be delivered during 8th period. You may NOT open the sodas while inside the school.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 7th 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
8th graders ~ Please do NOT store your books and binders in your gym locker during lunch shifts or at the end of the school day. You will not be allowed into the locker room to retrieve them.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
If someone is bullying you, the best thing to do is to tell them to stop. You can say "stop bothering me," "don't do that," or "I don't like that." If you don't say anything, the bully will assume it is ok to continue teasing you. Next, walk away from the bully. Most importantly, let an adult know what is going on and fill out a bullying form.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!