Friday, February 24, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We may be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Sneak in exercise every day. Here's how: Use stairs rather than the escalator or elevator, walk instead of getting a ride, dance while you are listening to music, and freak your parents out — offer to clean the bathroom! You get the idea!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Justin W., Nariah C., Donald D., & Izick F.!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Tuna Sandwiches; Lunchables; Cheese Pizza; PB&Js; Macaroni & Cheese; Salads; Green Beans; Corn
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Rounds
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION
Yesterday's question was:
What name was given to the period of cultural rebirth that took place in Harlem, New York?
Today's question is:
What pro basketball player was the first to score 3,000 points?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drop it in the answer box.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• 8th Grade T-shirts ~ Last call for 8th grade t-shirts. Please give your size and $15 to Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Berendes no later than today by 2PM. No exceptions!
• Yearbooks ~ The prices of yearbooks will increase as of March 1st. If you would like to get one at the current price of $20, see Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Limited quantities are available!
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 4-6PM. Game tomorrow morning at JMS against FMS at 9:30AM — You must be here by 9:15AM!
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
One tactic to discourage bullies is to ask them to repeat what they just said because then it looks like they are taking orders from you!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!