Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Jefferson Jaguars are Paws-itive Test Takers!
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Why is it so important to exercise? Exercise not only helps you feel better and look better it also helps prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and obesity and can help you live longer.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Chicken Nuggets; Au Gratin Potatoes; Steamed Cauliflower
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Order your yearbook today! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Pasta for Pennies ~ Do you want to help make a change for kids with leukemia? Bring your change to your first hour teacher to participate. The class that collects the most money will win lunch from Olive Garden.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice from 2:30-3:15PM. Bus leaves at 3:15PM. Regional game at 4PM.
• Golf Clinic ~ Golf clinic is back March 12, 13 & 15. Please pick up the registration and information outside of 110.
• Track ~ Track begins today. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
Did you know that 85% of the students at JMS are considered bystanders? Bystanders are the people who stand by and watch bullying take place. If you witness a bullying situation, the best thing you can do is to tell the bully to stop. If you don't think you can do that then you can walk away and refuse to watch the bullying and take your friends with you. If yo take the bully's audience away from him/her they are less likely to continue bullying.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!