Wednesday, March 14, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
People who have allergies should always check the ingredient labels of foods to make sure there's nothing in the food that they're allergic to. Actually, everyone should look at the ingredient listing since many foods contain ingredients that it would be better for everyone to avoid.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Derek D., Kasey W. & Mrs. Magruder!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Corn Dogs; Baked Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Regional Science Fair ~ Meet in room 206 — Ms. Wright's room — after school today.
• WEB Leaders ~ Attention 8th Grade WEB Leaders! We will be having a WEB leader meeting today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 121. You will be helping us create a video for next year's WEB leaders so please plan on attending!
• Yearbooks ~ Order your yearbook today! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Yearbook Club ~ Yearbook Club will meet tomorrow after school from 2:30-4PM. All members MUST be present!
• Pasta for Pennies ~ Do you want to help make a change for kids with leukemia? Bring your change to your first hour teacher to participate. The class that collects the most money will win lunch from Olive Garden.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track ~ Track practice will be held Monday through Thursday from 2:45-4PM. Be in the gym and ready to practice by 2:45PM.
• Golf Clinic ~ Golf clinic is back tomorrow.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
Did you know that 85% of the students at JMS are considered bystanders? Bystanders are the people who stand by and watch bullying take place. If you witness a bullying situation, the best thing you can do is to tell the bully to stop. If you don't think you can do that then you can walk away and refuse to watch the bullying and take your friends with you. If yo take the bully's audience away from him/her they are less likely to continue bullying.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!