Friday, March 16, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Reading an ingredient listing can help you decide whether or not a food is good for your and if it's something you want to eat. How many ingredients are in your favorite foods?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Isabel W., Andrew N., Omari J., Tawanda G-M, Mr. Barnes, & Ms. Austin!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Fish Sandwiches with Cheese — Tartar Sauce & Onion Available; Baked Beans; Green Beans; Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Monday's Breakfast: French Toast Sticks
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Order your yearbook today! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Pasta for Pennies ~ Do you want to help make a change for kids with leukemia? Bring your change to your first hour teacher to participate. The class that collects the most money will win lunch from Olive Garden.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track ~ Track practice will be held Monday through Thursday from 2:45-4PM. Be in the gym and ready to practice by 2:45PM.
• High School Basketball Game ~ If you are planning on going to Lanphier's basketball game today, it will be marked as an unexcused absence.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
One way you can handle conflict is by using "I" messages; When you are trying to work out a problem with someone try telling them how you feel by saying:
* I feel mad (feeling)
* when I'm ignored at lunch (behavior)
* because it makes me feel like we're not friends. (effect behavior has on you)
* If we are going to be friends, I need for you to acknowledge me at all times. (what you need the other person to do)
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!