Wednesday, March 21, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
You might see a product label that says contains 0 grams of transfat but still see "partially hydrogenated" on the listing of ingredients. That's because if a serving of a food contains less than 1/2 gram of transfat, the label can still say it has no transfat. Since we often eat more than one serving of a food, we can get more transfat than we realize.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: BBQ Shredded Pork Sandwiches; Mexican Rice; Carrots
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
SPRING PICTURE DAY
Spring picture day will be Monday, March 26th. Students must comply with the dress code for these pictures. Mr. Barnes will call the students down by classes. Students must have an order form with the payment in order to leave the room to go take a picture. If they don't have these items, they cannot leave the room.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Regional Science Fair ~ Work sessions today after school in room 206. Regionals are Saturday!
• Yearbooks ~ Order your yearbook today! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Yearbook Club ~ Meet tomorrow after school at 2:30PM in room 115.
• Southeast Poms ~ Attention all 8th graders interested in trying out for the Southeast Poms. There will be a mandatory parents' meeting on March 28th at 6PM at Southeast in room 106. There are flyers posted in the main office for more information. Tryout packets will be available at the meeting.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track ~ Track practice will be held Monday through Thursday from 2:45-4PM. Be in the gym and ready to practice by 2:45PM.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
When you are friends with someone you show respect to each other both at school and outside of school. If you are friends with someone you trust each other and share your secrets with each other. Friends also help each other out.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!