Friday, March 30, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today as long as the weather cooperates.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Look for packages that say, "contains less salt" or "reduced sodium" to cut down o the amount of salt that you eat. You can find out how much salt is in a food by looking on the label for the amount of sodium.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Wyatt H., Vontez W., Hope H., Samantha S., Michelle C., Jayonna C., Akeem J., Ceola F., Wesley O., April S., Ariona G., Kaleb D., Tiara M., William R., Kapria H., & Tayler I.!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Macaroni & Cheese; Taco Burger; Carrots; Bread & Butter.
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Order your yearbook today! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• National Library Week ~ National Library Week is being celebrated April 8-14. Here at JMS, we will have daily contests to celebrate National Library Week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday, April 10th - 13th. There will be contest questions and the students who put the right answers in the red box will get prizes. The questions will be posted in the library and the lobby and will be announced each day. A red box will be in the library for the students to put in their daily answers.
Also there will be a contest to guess the number of jelly beans in the jar in the lobby display case. Put your best guess into the basket. You can guess more than once. The student with the correct number will receive the jar at the end of the school day on April 13th.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Cheerleaders ~ Cheerleaders must turn in their uniforms by the end of this week. If you don't, you will have to pay for the uniform.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
If you want to make new friends, it is a good idea to find someone that you have something in common with. One way to start a conversation is to give the person a compliment and ask the person questions about themselves.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!