Friday, April 13, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today if the weather cooperates.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Can you think of ways to cut down on sugar? One idea is to drink water instead of soda or "sports drinks".
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Dontarius A., Sassarae C., Bryce B., Sean C., Maleik T., Ayreon T., & Ms. Joost!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Yearbooks are still on sale for $23. Order your yearbook today ~ limited quantities are available! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• National Library Week ~ National Library Week is being celebrated April 8-14. Here at JMS, we will have daily contests to celebrate National Library Week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday, April 10th - 13th. There will be contest questions and the students who put the right answers in the red box will get prizes. The questions will be posted in the library and the lobby and will be announced each day. A red box will be in the library for the students to put in their daily answers.
Also there will be a contest to guess the number of jelly beans in the jar in the lobby display case. Put your best guess into the basket. You can guess more than once. The student with the correct number will receive the jar at the end of the school day on April 13th.
National Library Week Question
Yesterday's Question & Answer: How many fiction books are there in the library? 2713
Winners: Austin P., Devon B., Justin W., Demarco P., David W., & Seth G. Go to the library to claim your prize.
Today's Question: How many total books are there in Jefferson Middle School's library?
Spring Dance ~ The spring dance has been cancelled.
Hip-Hop Bake Sale ~ The Hip-Hop Dancers will be having a bake sale all next week during all lunch shifts. On Monday, Wednesday & Friday all items will sell for 50¢ each. On Tuesday & Thursday all items will sell for $1 each because the cookies will be from The Batch! Please support the Hip-Hop Dancers in their fundraiser.
Donuts with Dad ~ Fathers are invited to come out and have breakfast with your students. It is also an opportunity to interact with other fathers and do a fun activity with your student.
When: Thursday, April 19th
Please RSVP as soon as possible.
Talent Show Auditions ~ The school talent show auditions are going to be held next Tuesday and Wednesday, April 17th & 18th from 2:45-4PM. Any student who would like to audition for the school talent show needs to see Miss Austin in the front office & pick up an application packet. You must signup for an audition time. Application packets are to be picked up and turned in by Friday.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track Practice ~ NO track practice today!
• Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp ~ Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp for 3rd-8th grades to be held June 25-29 at Lanphier High School. For more information, please pick up a brochure in the Guidance Office.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
Negative peer pressure is when people try to get you to do things you know are wrong (e.g., skip math class, try smoking a cigarette). Positive peer pressure is when people try to get you to do the right thing (e.g., get your science fair project done, get to class on time).
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!