Wednesday, April 18, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today if the weather cooperates.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
The compound that carries oxygen from your lungs to cells throughout your body is known as hemoglobin. Hemoglobin then takes away carbon dioxide, which is a waste product. Hemoglobin is made of iron and protein and it makes your blood red.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Popcorn Chicken; Green Beans; Cole Slaw; Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Yearbooks are still on sale for $23. Order your yearbook today ~ limited quantities are available! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Hip-Hop Bake Sale ~ The Hip-Hop Dancers will be having a bake sale all this week during all lunch shifts. On Wednesday & Friday all items will sell for 50¢ each. On Thursday all items will sell for $1 each because the cookies will be from The Batch! Please support the Hip-Hop Dancers in their fundraiser.
• Donuts with Dad ~ Fathers are invited to come out and have breakfast with your students. It is also an opportunity to interact with other fathers and do a fun activity with your student.
Please RSVP as soon as possible.
• IMSA ~ IMSA is having a guest speaker come today after school. ALL IMSA students need to attend to see the speaker and discuss our tow field trips. Please see Ms. Wright or Ms. McCorkle if you cannot attend.
• Talent Show Auditions ~ All students trying out for the school talent show today are to meet in the library at 2:45PM. Only persons who have turned in forms and have confirmation from Ms. Austin are allowed in the library.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track ~ Track practice today after school. Be in the gym and ready for practice by 2:45PM.
• Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp ~ Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp for 3rd-8th grades to be held June 25-29 at Lanphier High School. For more information, please pick up a brochure in the Guidance Office.
LLCC Summer College for Kids Courses
Lincoln Land Community College will be offering a number of summer classes and camps for kids. Some of the offerings are Crafts & Hobbies classes, Culinary classes, Language Arts classes, Math & Science classes, Music & Theater classes, Social Science classes, and Visual Arts classes as well as volleyball, baseball, soccer, softball, and basketball camps. For more information, go to the JMS Guidance Office for a packet.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
Negative peer pressure is when people try to get you to do things you know are wrong (e.g., skip math class, try smoking a cigarette). Positive peer pressure is when people try to get you to do the right thing (e.g., get your science fair project done, get to class on time).
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!