Thursday, April 26, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
A quick way to get iron (plus protein and zinc) at breakfast is to spread your whole grain toast with peanut butter. For a change you might like to try another nut or seed butter such as almond butter, cashew butter, or sesame tahini, which is made from ground sesame seeds.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Shandon W., Cameron C. & Dylan P.!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Baked Potatoes with Taco Meat & Cheese Cups or Sour Cream; Broccoli
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole or Donut Holes
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ All IMSA field trip forms are due on Friday. Please turn them in to Ms. Wright or Ms. McCorkle.
•WEB Leader Applications ~ Attention all 7th graders: If you are interested in being a WEB leader for the 2012-2013 school year, please ask your math teacher for an application. Fill out the application and return it by the end of the day Friday.
• Yearbooks ~ Yearbooks are still on sale for $23. Order your yearbook today ~ limited quantities are available! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
FACE TEAM MEETING
The FACE Team meeting for today at 10AM has been canceled. The FACE Team meeting today at 6PM will be held in the JMS library. If your parent attends, you can wear jeans tomorrow.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track ~ City track meet today at Memorial Stadium at 3:30PM.
• Southeast High School 2012-2013 Cheerleading Tryouts ~ Tryouts are May 5th at 8:30AM. Please wear a t-shirt, gym/cheer shorts, sneakers, & socks. There will be a mandatory parent meeting on April 30th at 6PM in the Commons. Workshops will be held on May 3rd & 4th from 6-8PM. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Stephanie Jeczalik at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp ~ Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp for 3rd-8th grades to be held June 25-29 at Lanphier High School. For more information, please pick up a brochure in the Guidance Office.
LLCC Summer College for Kids Courses
Lincoln Land Community College will be offering a number of summer classes and camps for kids. Some of the offerings are Crafts & Hobbies classes, Culinary classes, Language Arts classes, Math & Science classes, Music & Theater classes, Social Science classes, and Visual Arts classes as well as volleyball, baseball, soccer, softball, and basketball camps. For more information, go to the JMS Guidance Office for a packet.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
Did you know that spreading rumors can be considered bullying? The best thing you can do if you hear a rumor is to call it what it is. You can say "that sounds like a rumor to me," or "we don't know if that is true," or "we don't have proof of that."
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!