Tuesday, May 1, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today as long as the weather cooperates.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
When you eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C, the vitamin helps your body to absorb iron from your meals and snacks. Having orange juice, oranges, or strawberries with our breakfast helps you absorb iron from your cereal and toast.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Popcorn Chicken; Grilled Chicken; Corn
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Potato Triangles with Cereal or Granola Bars
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Yearbooks are still on sale for $23. Order your yearbook today ~ limited quantities are available! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• LLCC Scholarship ~ Essays for the Lincoln Land Community College scholarship for 8th graders are due today by noon. Finalists will be selected and interviewed on Thursday, May 3rd. The winner of the LLCC scholarship will be recognized at our Honors’ Night the evening of May 22nd at Southeast High School.
• 8th Grade Dance ~ May 11th is the 8th grade dance. Only JMS 8th grade students may attend this dance. Do not forget the criteria for attendance.
• Career Day ~ Career Day is tomorrow for 8th graders only. An assembly will take place in the morning. A special guest and high school students will be present. During the 8th grade math block, volunteers will share information about their exciting career.
• JMS Talent Show ~ Join the Jefferson students and staff in our school-wide talent show with our special host Blackstone Poet from St. Louis! Also, there will be a special performance by local artist Scoobie.
When: Thursday, May 10th
Where: JMS Gym
Admission: $3 for adults & students; $1 for children 5-10 years old
• May Book Swap ~ Tomorrow will be our last book swap of the year. Bring a book to swap out at lunch.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track ~ NO track practice today.
• Southeast High School 2012-2013 Cheerleading Tryouts ~ Tryouts are May 5th at 8:30AM. Please wear a t-shirt, gym/cheer shorts, sneakers, & socks. Workshops will be held on May 3rd & 4th from 6-8PM. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Stephanie Jeczalik at email@example.com
• Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp ~ Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp for 3rd-8th grades to be held June 25-29 at Lanphier High School. For more information, please pick up a brochure in the Guidance Office.
• Springfield Striders Track Club ~Sign up to be a part of the Springfield Striders Track Club. There will be an informational meeting today at 5:30PM at Southeast High School Commons. Practice starts June 5th at Southeast track from 5:30-7PM. For more information about registration, call: Angela Harden at 744-3728 or Mary Watters at 546-7236.
LLCC Summer College for Kids Courses
Lincoln Land Community College will be offering a number of summer classes and camps for kids. Some of the offerings are Crafts & Hobbies classes, Culinary classes, Language Arts classes, Math & Science classes, Music & Theater classes, Social Science classes, and Visual Arts classes as well as volleyball, baseball, soccer, softball, and basketball camps. For more information, go to the JMS Guidance Office for a packet.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
Did you know that spreading rumors can be considered bullying? The best thing you can do if you hear a rumor is to call it what it is. You can say "that sounds like a rumor to me," or "we don't know if that is true," or "we don't have proof of that."
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!