Friday, August 24, 2012
• Attendance of at least 93%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Dismissal at 1:30PM today!
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
Happy birthday to ..... Alyssa H. & Devon W.!
Main Entree: Fish Sandwiches; Chicken Patties; Hot Dogs; Cheeseburgers; Potato Wedges
Monday's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
6th Grade Students ~ All 6th graders who attended 6th grade WEB orientation day should keep an eye out for their WEB leader today. If you see them, say hi because they have something for you!
Girls on Track ~ Girls on Track is still looking for 6th thru 8th grade girls who would like to join a fun, enriching program that combines a self-esteem boosting curriculum with running. See Mrs. Winters in room 201 for details or pick up a pink flyer from any history teacher.
Cross Country ~ Practice will begin on Monday, August 27th from 2:30-4:15PM. You must have a physical on file in order to practice. You will meet in the gym.
Girls Basketball ~ Tryouts for 7th & 8th grade girls will begin on Monday, August 27th from 4-5:15PM in the gym. If you are coming to tryouts, you must have a physical on file. You will not be allowed to hang out in the building between 2:30 & 4PM. You will need to make arrangements to be back here by 4PM. You MUST go home after school! If you have any questions, please see Mr. Barnes.
High School Football Game Expectaions ~ High School Football Games begin this evening. If you plan to attend, you must remember the following.
1. All District 186 behavior guidelines and rules/consequences are in effect for 186 sporting events.
2. The expectation is, that students attend the games and that they are seated and watching the game.
3. No large walking or social groups will be allowed during game time. Students will be warned once and then escorted out of the facility. Students escorted out, risk losing game privileges for the remainder of the season.
4. No flag, touch or tackle football games are allowed at Memorial or Spartan Stadium.
5. No loitering (hanging out) under or behind the bleachers is allowed.
6. Springfield Police along with middle and high school security will be on site for safety and security reasons. High School administration is assigned for supervision.
Please be cooperative and supportive of the team you choose to support, so that everyone may have a safe and enjoyable time at the game. Thank you!
21st Century will begin on Monday, September 10th. Applications can be picked up in the office.
DRESS DOWN DAYS
Students who receive discipline infractions on a Dress Down Day will not be allowed to participate in future Dress Down Days!
Students may not wear:
leggins, jeggins, skinny pants, sagging pants, pajama pants, slippers, sweatpants, holes/rips in clothing, short shorts (shorts must be mid-thigh), low-cut blouses, or clothing with inappropriate pictures/gestures; no shirts or dresses (exception - religious). The District handbook dress code policy applies to all Dress Down Days.
Students who violate the above policy will receive consequences. Students will be expected to change immediately. Students will also be ineligible to participate in future Dress Down Days this school year.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!