Tuesday, September 4, 2012
• Attendance of at least 93%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
If you lost your house key, please check the lost & found in the office!
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
Happy birthday to ..... Trevyon W. & Dominique M.-P.!
Main Entree: BBQ Riblets; Chicken Patties; Pizza; Corn
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cheese Omelets
EVERYONE must go through the lunch line and get a lunch. We will not go outside for at least 15 minutes to allow sufficient eating time. You will be dismissed by tables.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
Book Swap ~ It's back! Please join Ms. Kulavic in the main lobby tomorrow during your lunch shift for the first book swap of the school year. Book swaps will be held the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of every month. Everyone received three brand new books last spring. If you are done with those books, bring them in and swap them out for a new or gently used book. Hope to see you all at the book swap!
Girls on Track ~ Girls on Track is still looking for 6th thru 8th grade girls who would like to join a fun, enriching program that combines a self-esteem boosting curriculum with running. See Mrs. Winters in room 201 for details or pick up a pink flyer from any history teacher.
Back to School Dance ~ Come have fun at our 1st school dance on Friday from 6-8PM in the gym. Tickets will be sold for $3 each on today, Wednesday & Thursday. Any tickets purchased on the night of the dance will cost $5 each. Students must enter and exit through the gym doors. Items to be sold include: candy - $1; Glow-in-the-Dark Necklaces - $2; Glow-in-the-Dark Sunglasses - $2; & Smiley Face Pencil Cases - $2
Cross Country ~ Practice today from 2:30-5:00PM. You will meet in the gym. There will be an activity bus.
21st CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century will begin on Monday, September 10th. Applications can be picked up in the office.
WEEKLY PERFECT ATTENDANCE REWARD
Congratulations to those students who had perfect attendance last week! If your name was called on the morning announcements, please see Mrs. Taylor in room 109 during your lunch shift.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!